Monday, March 9, 2015

The great thing about crafting is...

The great thing about crafting is that you can make a lot of your gifts, I had previously painted this with 3 of my friends for a friend that had moved to TN, my best friend in NYC loved it so much she asked if I could paint it for her! Let me tell you what the hardest part about this painting was letting it go! Since I'm not a professional artist this painting was a great teacher of shading and trial and error (thankfully not too much error). It was painted on 4-12x24 stretched canvases from Michaels (shop the sales!) and Americana Acrylic Paint. I painted the background of all four canvases (shading dark to light) then created the tree. The dots were placed randomly (don't try to over think them) each color blended with a little white to give it effect. This painting was found on Pinterest by a friend and sold on etsy (https://www.etsy.com/listing/77751424/original-large-abstract-painting) for $365.00, I bought all the supplies for under $50 and will have the paints for projects to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment